Saturday, December 1

Challenge

I've been posed with a challenge . . . a very wonderful challenge to boot. A dear friend of mine has encouraged me to make a list of the things I am thankful for.

I have thought about approaching this project a number of different ways. I could think of one thing for every letter of the alphabet. I could go through every year of my life and choose something to be thankful for. (Some years would be easier than others of course.) I could even make a list of the people in my life, and begin that way. But what God has put on my heart is far more extensive.

The thought of writing down all that I am thankful for seems like an insurmountable task. There are the necessities that God always provides for, the blessings that shower down here and there, and even the pain. Then there are the warm fuzzies, which would absolutely make the list. So instead of sitting down to write an exhaustive list, I've decided to make the idea of being thankful more of a practice.

I am going to try something new with my posts each day. For those of you who have followed along, you've noticed that I write about a pretty varied set of things. There is really no pattern, nor is there a rhyme or reason to my writing. Every post has something to do with the way that God has made Himself known in my day. And as I'm learning, God is not really somebody I've been able to put into a formula. There is no pattern, and He always jumps right out of the boxes I try to stuff Him into.

So in tribute to my friend, and for the sake of sharpening myself - this is what I've decided to so. At the top and the very beginning of my daily posts, I am going to include two things. One is my memory verse for the day (this is to keep myself accountable), and two, I will articulate something that I am thankful for.

As I transition into this new format, this post will be a little bit backwards. Today, the goodies will be posted at the bottom.

My verse for today is found in Mark 9:23. "If you can?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."

** This day I am thankful for the strength and the tenderness of my husband's faith. **

No comments: