Tuesday, November 27

Out There

Some of the things I blog about really make me feel like I am putting myself out there. It seems that when I sit down to post each day, whatever is on my heart is what gets typed on the keyboard.

I feel a little bit of remorse about yesterday's post - not because things didn't turn out well, because they really did (praise God). But I feel kind of funny about sharing something personal that involved another person. In other words, this was kind of a private matter that maybe needed to be kept that way - private. I do hope that I have not crossed any kind of boundary. Keeping the person anonymous was my way of protecting . . . I really hope that will be enough.

I was delightfully surprised at how well the conversation went. I decided to face my fears, and share my feelings today. Walls came a tumbling down, and the icy chill of my hurt melted away as we exchanged words. There was no ill intent (which I never thought that there was). I was able to get a better understanding of where this person was coming from, and I was better understood as well.

Communication is so important as we walk this journey of life together. I want to encourage you tonight . . . if there is something weighing heavy on your heart in regards to somebody else's words or actions - be brave and initiate a conversation. I can tell you from experience that freedom awaits, and deep and loving relationships are almost always waiting on the other side of a pretty tough confrontation. I have been the one speaking the truth in love, and I have been the receiver of such truth. I honestly don't know which is more difficult. But I can say that love has always reigned - every single time.

I love God's Word. It will sometimes stretch us, causing us to step away from what is comfortable and familiar. Being real, honest and true is a risk . . . putting your heart "out there" does not guarantee it won't get stomped on.

But a promise we can hold on to for dear life, is the fact that the One who created our heart is also the healer of such. Every time we find ourselves facing our fears, every confrontation - even with every stomp . . . we are always put back together by careful and loving hands.

Love overrides any kind of miscommunication. It squashes pride and tears down walls. Love builds bridges and infuses hope. And when it comes to the Goliath's s in relationships, a stone of humility can be a mighty force.

Because love conquers ALL.

No comments: