Thursday, November 29

Found

It was as if I had won the lottery or something. One glance at my friend Sherri's arms, and my heart leaped. There she was, safe and sound and soon to be in my arms again. My Bible . . . she's been found!!!

Stacked underneath more stacking-type material, she has been hanging out in Jodie's office for two weeks. I was sure I had looked in there . . . but being tucked underneath some other things created the perfect hiding place.

As I cracked her open early this morning, it felt like I was slipping on my favorite pair of jeans. I love the smell and the feel of this Bible. The worn and missing tabs, the tattered pages - each tiny detail was a wonder to look at.

I will not be leaving my house with her anymore. I am thinking that I really do want to leave this Bible as a legacy for my children. With all of the notes I have written in it, I like to think that my great great great grandchildren might want to crack it open to see what my walk with God was like.

I really was ready to let my friend go, but it is nice knowing that I won't have to - yet. I thank God for returning something that has been so sacred and unforgettable.

Traced steps - with Him.

No comments: