Tuesday, December 4

Answers

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar high on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. ~ Isaiah 40:31

Today I am thankful in the waiting. I have been walking through a very long and barren desert for quiet some time now. It is quiet here, and the blow of the wind is the only movement I can discern. It is a sweet invigorating breeze, that moves through the deepest part of my being.

Answers . . . questions keep presenting themselves with needed answers, and I always seem to come up short. Every time I look the concept of leadership in the face, I come up blank. It doesn't matter how long I ponder, which books I read, or who's teaching I'm under. I long to discover my next step, His next command - but all is silent.

It is beautiful and serene here in the silence. It can be so easily disturbed by the demands of other people - even the demands on my own self. God's presence is so incredibly warm and inviting here, that I sometimes long to walk away from everything . . . just to sit at His feet.

"I will praise You in the waiting . . . " This is a new song that I heard on the radio today. Yes, this is where I am - in the waiting. My heart sits at the edge of it's seat hoping to hear the call, working in preparation for the battle that awaits. In the waiting, I am strengthened. In the waiting His message to me is not always discerned, but His strong and familiar voice is crystal clear.

My hope is not in the answers. I will not spend another moment searching for a formula or the right approach to ministry.

My answer is and always will be - Him.

No comments: