Friday, October 26

Nap

I took the best nap this afternoon. I had just finished the last touches of my housecleaning chores, and then headed for my bedroom. All it took was to curl up on my side, and I was out.

I slept for a good hour - I must have really needed it. Normally when I indulge, I only take about a fifteen minuted cat nap. But today was a few of those puppies (or kitties) stacked up on top of one another.

I can't remember what I was dreaming about, but I know there were dreams. Dreams are so strange . . . I should start telling you about some of mine. You will probably stop reading my posts! A lot of times they don't make a lick of sense, and I will always find these random people accompanying them. Who can make sense of dreams? I like to steer clear of the people who try.

Now I feel rested, all wide eyed and bushy tailed. We are having Small Group here tonight, and I am really looking forward to it. We haven't met in a few weeks, due to this and that. It will be great to get together again.

Something great about our Small Group is that it never allows me to take an extended nap when it comes to my walk with God. When we get together, there is something amazing about the accountability we have to one another. No, we don't literally say, "This is what I want you to hold me accountable for." But as we wrestle with the Bible and we share our lives with one another, accountability just happens.

Our Small Group has become very much like a family through the years. It is great to watch other people's kids grow up. To roll with folks, through the valleys and the peaks. My Small Group has always been there when we've needed them, and vise verse. We get the chance to grow deeper in Christ, simply by being committed to one another.

I think the first century church definitely had things right. There was no stuffy ceremonial way of getting together. They simply spent a lot of time together, breaking bread (or brownies) and worshiping God in the temple courts.

Simplicity . . . this is what I am finding more and more to be true about this Christian walk. We make things complicated by over-structuring, when all the while God is simply calling us to love.

I wonder who will be bringing dessert tonight, and even better - I wonder what they will be bringing. You can tell that my mind is in the right place. What can I say? One lazy afternoon seems to be melting into food and fellowship.

What could be better?

No comments: