Tuesday, October 30

Fuzzy

Things are fuzzy, and I don't really know what to do about that. God seems to be carrying me through a pivotal period of some kind . . . and I am trying to trust in His plan. But the ambiguity leaves my thoughts scattered and my heart feeling uneasy.

There was a time when I knew where I was going - I was certain of it. The signs all pointed in the same direction, my spirit soared right along with God's through the valleys and the peaks - and His Word lined up perfectly. But these days I feel like I have been dropped off in the middle of nowhere, with no idea how to find the road again. Have I taken a wrong turn somewhere? Or has there been an abduction or some kind . . . an assault on my soul?

I peer through the haze, looking for something recognizable - anything. When the only place that seems familiar is the place deep down inside, where nobody can even see. A place that goes against anything that makes sense. A place I feel like I'm losing touch with.

I feel like I am forgetting the reason. See there is a reason God has placed me where He has. There is work for me to do - important Kingdom work . . . and somehow I feel like I've lost God's marching orders. Is it because I made the mistake of creating my own? Have I made one too many compromises . . . is it too late?

I am wanting so much to fall back into the bed of faith prepared for me, which is just what I will do. Here in God's great big arms, there are no solutions presented, no plan . . . no A to Z . . . simply a smile from on high - and the peace that draws me home.

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord FOREVER.
- Psalm 23 -

No comments: