Monday, July 9

Who is He to You?

Something grabbed me today out of my Oswald Chambers devotional. Something grabs me most mornings, but I thought I would write a bit about what stirred my heart today.

This question was posed: "Do I really dare to let God be to me all that He says He will be?"

I have been on an intimate search of God and His attributes for quiet some time now. There is something so powerful about seeing God for who He claims to be. It changes everything. Especially me.

I have tried getting into the habit of thinking on an attribute per day. If I am needing a lap to crawl into on a particular day, I remember that He is my Everlasting Father. When circumstances of change swirl out of control, I stand of the promise that He is my Rock. If I am tempted to idolize somebody or something, I am reminded that He is a Jealous God . . . and so on. This exercise has opened my awareness of God's working in my life. He really IS all of these things to me and SO MUCH MORE.

Recognizing who God is also gives me a clear picture of who I am. If He is my Everlasing Father, then I must be a beloved daughter. If He is my Rock, then I can stand firm. If He is a Jealous God, that means that He desperately desires all of my attention and affection. Amazing, isn't it?

So who is God to you today? Your Wonderful Counselor, maybe your Prince of Peace? Go ahead, and dare to let God be to you who He claims to be. The Holy Spirit will cultivate an intimacy between you and Jesus that will put God where He belongs in your life - FIRST.

Today, I am needing direction, so I will call upon the One who is Wisdom. This must mean that I, being the one on the receiving end of wisdom, can become someone who is reverent, teachable, humble and listening.

At His Feet - what an incredible place to be.

No comments: