Wednesday, July 11

Disenchantment

I am choosing to be honest and real about where I am today. It's not a pretty place, so proceed with caution.

Disenchantment . . . ever feel this way? I do, in fact I have been feeling this way for quite some time now. There have been a series of little knives - a wounding, a silence and a squashing here and there. For the cause of . . . what? I don't even remember anymore.

It is so easy to operate on automatic pilot. To say all the right things, to smile in just the right way, so that no one will know any different. The person I have been best at fooling is myself. I have been battling this demon for some time now. The spirit of disenchantment threatens to overtake me, and I need your prayers.

Blatant honesty, being vulnerable and real. This is what God requires of me. This blog entry might not make very much sense to any of my readers, but please know that it makes a lot of sense to God - and please pray.

By the way, it's Wednesday. Don't forget to fast and pray for our church today. And get in on those July Harvest training sessions if time permits. Much preparation is needed for the work God desires to do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey little friend,
How funny...I was feeling the same way, and was going to ask you to pray for me! I will keep you in my prayers! Love ya!