Tuesday, July 10

The Appointed Day

I stand on the edge of an incredible precipice. I hear His call, and my body shakes uncontrollably. "You want me to what Lord?" This is my feeble response.

There are three habits I was hoping to master during my month off. So far, I've pretty much got two of them down. Practicing my guitar, and posting a blog entry every day. So what is the third? Okay, are you ready for this? Procrastination has come to an abrupt halt.

I crack my knuckles and take in a deep breath. To say it out loud really commits me. Everyone who reads this is going to keep me accountable to this new project. I think back to Pastor Dave's sermon on June 10:

1. God wants to call you to do something for which you feel completely inadequate.

2. God wants to put you in a position to live and act with integrity, when on one would ever know if you acted differently.

3. God wants to call you to take a step of faith so big that unless He comes through you will utterly fail.

4. God wants to place your life and your future in the hands of someone trustworthy.

Okay, enough stalling. I am going to begin the quest of . . . writing Bible studies. My head spins, my stomach tightens. How in the world will I even begin?

I think back to my guitar, and how awkward it felt when I first picked it up. Through the months I have literally had to push past the pain, working to strengthen my hands and form callouses. Pushing past the fear of failure and the pain - this was key. I am hoping this new writing adventure will prove to be much the same. I provide the time and effort, sweat and tears - and God will provide the miracle . . . the music.

Please pray for me, and do keep me accountable. This will be a lifelong journey, so I don't expect to be pumping out publications right away. But ask me, "How is your special project coming along?" This will help keep me on track for days when the fear and pain seem to be winning.

"Grace Expressed Through Movement" . . . it is one of dozens of phrases floating around in this melon of mine. What should I start with first? It think it would be wise for me to begin on my knees.

Scratch that, I'll begin on my face.

No comments: