Tuesday, November 6

Choice

As I sat in some leadership training this afternoon, and was challenged with a choice. It is something that presents itself to me quite often, in fact it would even be safe to say that I get tested every time I come in contact with another human being. Even if that person happens to be myself.

This has been a big lesson for me. A lot of times when I am not quite getting something, God will bring the lesson around lots of different ways. It will be through one circumstance looking one way, and then weeks later the same lesson will appear in a different form. God is so gentle and patient with me, never hitting me over the head with what He is trying to get across. Instead, He just takes me for another round - until I finally get it. Then of course, there are the endless reminders.

Something that spoke to me today was the idea of how we view other people. We all have a choice. Will we focus on their strengths or their weaknesses? It may not sound like a very big deal, but how we view somebody else will directly affect the way that we treat them. It is easy to see another person's flaws - I mean nobody is perfect. But to discern and seek out the beauty in somebody else, this is that God kind of love that the world is dying for. It speaks volumes.

We all have a choice. Will you be a blessing or a curse? Seeing the good in somebody means loving them - and to love means that you are taking a risk. When you make a decision to love, then there is always that chance that you might get hurt. Nobody likes to be vulnerable, but as followers of Christ we are encouraged to give our lives away. And pouring yourself out is exactly that - being emptied of you.

Like I said before, people are fallible, and because of that there are no guarantees. People make mistakes and wounds are inevitable. But love covers it all. Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all sins. ~ Proverbs 10:12

To see others as God does . . . what a view it would be. Lord, grind me as fine as powder, send me into the fiery furnace, mold me into the image of Your choosing - and use me as You see fit,

. . . for the only right choice is YOU.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for your blog. I love to hear your view on things. I needed to hear what you had to say today, so thanks again.
Miss you my shero!