Thursday, October 4

Give and Take

I don't have a lot of time to post this evening, as I want to spend some time with my husband before tuckering out.

This week has been a very interesting blend of joy and pain as I've begun to transition into my new job. One one side of the rainbow, I am elated, overwhelmed with joy and hopeful anticipation. While on the other side, I am faced with the reality of what working again really looks like.

There is truly nothing bad or difficult to report. I just need some time to settle in, as most things seems a bit overwhelming right now. It's been a while since I have worked in an office environment, and I think I just need to find my groove.

There is so much that has happened this week, sealing the deal for me. Nothing that could be checked off or even talked about - just a sense of peace and harmony letting me know that I am right where I belong. Confirmation like that can carry me through any kind of rough patch. I am so grateful for God's tenderness.

As I step into my weekend, I think on ways that I can organize and prioritize better for next week. With communication being key, I will probably have to sit down with some folks and find out what their expectations are, while setting some of my own boundaries and sticking with them.

I love my New Life family, and I feel so much closer to each and every person - even after only a week. There is something really special about sharing the ordinary moments with a group of people. From the quiet of a Monday morning, to the laughter of a Birthday card. Those times, when God is ever present, are anything but ordinary.

Lord, help me know what to surrender as I take on this new assignment. I know that I cannot have it all. In order to stay balanced, I must do a little bit of giving and taking. What will I need to surrender in this season? And what will you have me hold on to with both hands?

It's in the giving and the taking that we are molded into the image of Christ.

Lord, may there be less of me - and more of You.

No comments: