Wednesday, October 3

By Suprise

It's been a very fun and interesting day so far. As I puttered around the office this morning, God brought me one little surprise after another, as a way to pull me out of a little slump.

At times serving in the ministry can be, well . . . difficult. I came into the office this morning, ready to tackle whatever the day would bring - with Jesus right by my side. An early phone call needing something done yesterday got me prepared for disaster mode. You know those kinds of days? When you just keep getting hit with one thing after another, and all you can really do is duck for cover?

As I drove down Monte Vista, I literally felt myself shift positions into defense mode. I knew that whatever awaited me today, that God would be with me to help me through every snag and tare. I did not move in expecting the worst - but I was prayerfully aware of the fact that anything could happen.

I slipped into my chair, and began working right away. Typing up and email, and making mental notes of some to-do's, I noticed something fantastic. To my surprise, the phone didn't attack me, nor did I get challenged by the postage machine. Instead, I was met with smiles and more smiles from guests and staff. I even had Batman and Spider man brush on by with condolences.

It may not seem like a very big deal to many - but the wonder of a smooth moving day is not something I take for granted. God used a hundred little loving gestures to remind me that I am right where I am supposed to be. That kind of confirmation can chase any slump away.

Look around you today. How has God's favor been chasing you? Was it the parade of green lights you hit this morning? Maybe your chicken salad sandwich was especially tasty, or you received a phone call from an old friend. These may seem like simple things -not even really big enough to notice, much less make mention of. But oh how breathtaking the view would be if we did.

God's loving embrace arrives in an interesting mix of packages. Each one always catches me by surprise.

No comments: