Thursday, September 6

Butterfly Effect

As I continue to read up on the story of Benaiah, I get more and more encouraged the further I get. I don't know if it is because I feel I have so much in common with this guy. It could have to do with the fact that I am getting used to the idea of sticking my neck out. Could "the uncomfortable" really be getting more comfortable?

Something was made mention of in my reading last night. It is a phrase I had heard before, but was not very familiar with. It is called The Butterfly Effect. And without getting up out of my chair to walk into the other room and get my book, I will attempt to explain this concept.

If I remember correctly, the concept was formed while doing some scientific research on the affect of a butterflies' flutter. It was proven that one puff of a butterflies wings could potentially change the air so much that it would be able to alter the course of a weather pattern.

Then the book goes on to talk about how significant our choices can be, and how every decision we make alters the course of history. Whether we want to admit it or not, our decisions affect other people - in big and in small ways. We can choose to bless, or we can choose to curse. One choice invites room for the Holy Spirit to live and breath, while the other can give the enemy a foothold.

So what do your butterfly wings say about you today? Are you giving more than you are taking? Does your attitude need adjusting? Are you crumbling underneath the weight of fear? Is there somebody you need to reconcile with? If so, what are you waiting for?

Your decisions affect not only those around you, but they also affect you. What will your destiny be? It's your choice you know. You can either cooperate with the God of the universe, or push against Him in blindness and misery. But always know that He loves you regardless of what you choose.

Don't settle for complaining about what is wrong with this or with that. Determine to become a part of the solution, one puff at a time. Like Benaiah, face that fear, confront that person - take that thought captive for good.

I implore you . . . like the butterfly, move with the beauty and grace of the Spirit. There is a rainbow of God's promises chasing that insurmountable obstacle, which often times is called - a storm.

No comments: