Saturday, September 8

Blue

I feel blue today. I guess we've all been there a time or two. Something will happen, a word is spoken or circumstances end up changing - and we find ourselves needing to be scooped up off the floor. Sometimes, it isn't even necessarily anything that has "happened". At times, it will have nothing to do with anybody else - other than us and God.

My relationship with Him - it's so intimate so sacred. God knows everything there is to know about me . . . and He loves me no less. It is difficult for me to comprehend the magnitude of His forgiveness and grace. Each time I blow it (and I blow it often), He is always there to help pick up the pieces. Every painful experience strangely draws me closer to Him.

God welcomes me with open arms for times I feel the need to crawl into His lap. Once again, I feel like being quiet today. The noise inside my head is enough for me to process. There is a lesson I hope to learn through this rain cloud - and I don't want to miss it.

God always speaks the loudest through my pain. It is in those hurtful times that lessons are re-enforced and my heart gets molded beneath the pounding of His fists. They are loving blows, mind you, for my Father promises to prosper and not to harm me. The molding and shaping, the furnace full of fire - this is all a part of the purification process.

I bow at the feet of the One issuing instruction today. Be gentle sweet Savior, as I'm poured out for You.

No comments: