Sunday, August 26

Royalty

I almost forgot to post today . . . we had a very eventful day - and I almost forgot to post! This is the first time (and I am sure it's not the last) that this has ever happened.

Just a few moments ago, I was cuddled in bed - with my favorite blankie and stuffed dog (you think I'm kidding). My mind began to comb through places we've been and people we've seen today. And suddenly, I sat straight up - realizing that I forgot to post.

Call it anal, crazy, nutty or over the top - but this personality will deny the cushion of my pillow to reach any goal. I tend to go a little bit overboard when I make a commitment to myself. I haven't mentioned my wrist injury yet . . . from practicing too long on my guitar. That will be another day's post.

My need to keep the rhythm going probably goes way past what one would call discipline. I don't know if you could say that all of this is a good or a bad thing. One thing I can say is, that good or bad - this is me.

I have committed myself to a post per day, and by golly - I'm going to rip myself out of my warm covers to meet it. There is so much I'd like to share about my day. God met me in hundreds of tiny little ways, confirming what He spoke to me during my quiet time this morning.

It sounded something like this . . . "What I have called you to accomplish for my Kingdom you could not do in your old skin. You are not the same person anymore. Today, you are royalty . . . and it's time you started really believing that."

From Pastor Dave's message (which was phenomenal by the way), to bowling a few strikes at Jake's Birthday party this afternoon, to the heartfelt worship of Mercy Me - I kept hearing that same concept. "Royalty - it's okay, believe it . . . it really is true."

A daughter to the King . . . yes, this is who I am.

I may not be a princess awaiting prince charming - for my prince has already shown up. I am not swept away by pumpkin coaches and glass slippers - what you can see doesn't do it for me anymore. And you might not find me being bothered so much by a pea under a stack of mattresses.

But forgetting to post, will rip this royal highness right out of her sheets.

No comments: