Friday, August 3

Deadline

God has so graciously provided this aspiring writer the opportunity to take a writing course. I've been at it for close to a year now. It's an on-line school I've been working with, that promises to prepare me for publication. (Publication or no publication - I am leaving that up to God.) I am provided with a private instructor, who corresponds with me through email. It has been a lot of hard work, but great fun.

I've been working most of today on a writing assignment that is due Sunday. I've procrastinated on this one, due to my "time off". I really just needed to put everything down for a while to clear my head. The funny thing is, procrastination can really pay off for me (although I wouldn't recommend it). The added pressure really gets my creative juices flowing.

I'd love to tell you details about how my story is shaping up, and about how the conflict resolution is finally starting to smooth itself out - but frankly I am almost out of juice for the day.

I think I'll keep today's post short and sweet, with one question for you:

What do you love doing so much that you lose track of time while doing it?

For me, it's writing. Hours will go by, laundry buzzers will sound and phone calls will come in . . . and then there is the eventual setting of the sun. I sit down at my computer, and get lost in the fascination of words! They hold incredible power and influence. Words can encourage and inspire, correct and compliment. The written word can stir an idea, or cause someones heart to burst.

So what's your passion? Working out in the yard? Strumming a guitar? Or shopping for bargains? Maybe it is calculating numbers (somebody has gotta do it), working on cars or holding babies. Whatever it is, know that it is unique to you.

God put a dream in your heart when He made you. It is designed to bring you much pleasure, and to give Him glory. Discover your niche, and carve some time out every day to spend there.

Work on strengthening your strengths, and welcome those deadlines. God is really good at taking care of the rest.

No comments: