Saturday, August 4

A Celebrity

I was graced with the presence of a Guatemalan celebrity this morning. I wouldn't dare disclose her name (for paparazzi sake) . . . but most of you know who I am talking about. My lifelong mentor, my greatest encourager - my Beauty.

I am always amazed at how much we have to talk about when we get together. It has been a whole year since I've seen her, and aside from a couple of phone calls and some emails, we haven't had much contact. Whether it has been ten minutes or ten months, we always pick up right where we left off. Three hours seemed like twenty minutes this morning. Our visits are never long enough, but always so rich and sweet.

I could write a whole book about the ways that this missionary angel has touched my life. But since I only have a couple more minutes today, I'll just give you the low down.

I could very honestly say that I have not met another with such a deep and lasting love for the Lord. Her connection with God has always been something that I admire. She is wise, and resourceful, resilient and firm. She left it all behind to live a simple life among the Mayans. She experiences a wonderful peace, knowing that she is living out her purpose for this generation. How many of us can say that?

My Beauty has always been somebody who will give it to me straight. From the very first time we met, she has always been good at discerning what is going on in my heart. She will sometimes very gently pull my head out of the clouds, helping me see things for what they really are. She encourages me to stand for my convictions, offering prayer support and unconditional love. There's not another like her.

Beauty, my expression of love for you would be closer to a million completed quilts! Thank you for taking what I have to give. Your friendship brings me so much joy, and is an indispensable part of who I am.

You will always be a celebrity in my book.

No comments: