Monday, December 17

Straight

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promises is faithful. ~ Hebrews 10:23

Today I am thankful to know that God's grace is enough. My day was definitely not something that would be considered unswerving. As a matter of fact, from one moment to the next, I found myself on quite a roller coaster. With my heart is so much anguish, I thought for sure it would burst - I did all that I could do today - and that was to hold on.

I wish I could tell you that I grabbed on to hope and tucked it into a neat little heart shaped pocket. But I would be lying. This day met me with tormenting dreams and anxiety up the ying yang. Where it all was coming from . . . I can't be certain. But I will say that God used a dear friend of mine to chase the doubt away.

As I braved the day, a phone call from a dear friend accompanied a prayer request. My prayer this morning was short and simple . . . "help". She spent time encouraging me, and asking me some of the difficult questions - questions I still don't have answers for.

It meant so much to have her care today. She reached out with the genuine love of a friend, and I felt so touched by her selflessness. As the day wore on, my circumstances did not change, but the burden began to lift. Like a ten ton building, I literally felt massive amounts of concrete burdens crumble through my perseverance. God counseled me today, through the sweet intercession of a friend.

I wish I could tell you that my faith is always a straight line - from point A which is my heart, to point B which is God's. But the truth is, there is nothing tidy about my walk with the Lord. Some days are filled with disappointment and terrible heartache. Others find me bubbling with joy.

And regardless of where I find myself, the Lord is always the same. Constant, unchanging and every near . . . for He who promises will send that phone call or word of encouragement just when I need it - for He is forever faithful.

No comments: