Thursday, August 23

Marshmallows

I find myself floating freely in a patch of marshmallow-like clouds today. It is difficult for me to write about anything but what is on the forefront of my heart - and this day, my heart is fixed on the magnificence of God.

God is so good at meeting me in those very private places - where unspoken fears reside, and where secret hopes and dreams dwell. How He interacts with those hidden places just floors me. The God Of All Creation, wanting to connect with lil' ol' me.

I hear His call today, gentle but firm, "It's time to take the next step."

Boundary lines have been drawn, there is a vague sketch of how things are supposed to look. But stepping out over this particular edge seems crazy!

"Oh, but Lord, this one is a doozy. I can't see where I'm stepping . . . we are up so high, and not everyone will understand this move. What if I my parachute doesn't open and I wind up smashed to smithereens?"

All I can hear underneath the thumping of my own heart, is a sweet silence . . . indicating the need for faith. The kind of faith that knows God will always put me back together. Will the Lord send an angel to scoop me up and carry me to greater heights? Will He use the scrapes and bruises to grow me in character? And my greatest question . . . WHERE ARE WE GOING?

As I float freely today, those details don't matter so much. There is something so familiar and soothing about the voice telling me to take that step, that "where we are going" becomes secondary. That beckoning voice belongs to someone I can trust . . . and I am captivated by it's call.

His love, so fiercely tender . . . is like nothing else I have ever known. My answer is "Yes Lord, I will go. I will commit myself to Your cause. I will move forward when given the cue."

In the mean time, I sit quietly at His feet - in absolute awe of what my heart has been witness to on this great day.

“But as for me, I would seek God, and to God I would commit my cause." ~ Job 5:8

No comments: