Monday, August 20

Blank

Okay, I am drawing a blank today. I can't think about what to write. There are hundreds of leads all around me. The tree outside, the fight I had with my hair this morning . . . oodles of lessons tucked into those ordinary moments. I need a spark of inspiration.

Makayla just came in to ask me which picture to color. My Mom bought the kids the neatest toy a couple of Christmases ago. They are called Pixters. A Pixter is a small electronic toy that gives kids a chance to create through different games, drawing and coloring.

The game she is playing right now is called color by numbers. She gets to choose a black and white picture (a lot like a coloring book) with numbers placed inside of each white area. For example, the sky and the water will be one number, while the birds are another. Then she points to a color pallet, where she chooses the colors she wants to paint with.

Whoever came up with this idea is a genius. The fundamentals of creativity all held in an electronic device. It is portable, so she can take it from one room to the other . . . even all the way to grandma's house if she so chooses.

It got me thinking, what colors will I choose to paint my day? Each day I am given a blank screen - God's mercies are new every morning. There are a lot of white spaces waiting to be colored in. I don't always get to choose the picture I want, but I can decide on the color scheme. What kind of attitude will you choose for your sky today?

Greens, blues, red, orange and purples - each color is unique and beautiful. A blank screen indicates the fresh beginning of a brand new day.

Like Makayla, I think I'll ask for some help. "Which landscape have You chosen today Lord? What's on Your to-do list?"

" . . . could somebody please pass me the chartreuse?"

No comments: