Monday, July 2

Job Hunting

Mark and I have decided to begin praying about how we can supplement our income, and hence the job search begins. On Friday evening, Mark and I agreed that I should begin praying and putting my feelers out. To be honest, I am really not in any hurry to begin the search. There are SO many other things I would rather do with my time.

This morning I was going through some paperwork, and happened to notice something interesting in the "Needs and Notes". It was a job opening for a part-time ministry assistant. Ever have one of those happen? God starts nudging you in a certain direction, and then opportunities begin falling at your feet? Crazy I know. An hour or so later, I sat in their office filling out an application and dropping off my resume.

I don't know if this is part of God's plan for me, but I did sense that I needed to take a step in this direction. Since I have faithfully taken that first scary step, I know that the rest is up to Him. I can trust God with our future. I was hoping to never have to mix ministry with income, but with three children that we need to save for, and hundreds of other little things that come up - not working just doesn't seem like an option. I trust that if this job doesn't pan out, that it only means God has something better in mind.

If you are reading this, please pray for me. I want to honor Mark and our decision to start looking, but I don't want to jump into something too soon. It seems like it would be a good fit for me: ministry, working with people, in an office environment . . . what could be better?

Ministry is my heart, and my life. I pray that God will somehow continue to take care of us financially (He is always so faithful), and allow me to serve wholeheartedly in the ministry. Seem impossible? That's why I smile inside. "The impossible" is God's specialty.

No comments: