Friday, August 7

Crossroads

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

Mark and I have an enormous decision to make.

I was walking along the path minding my own business, trying to step in places that would please the Lord - when all of the sudden I was faced with an immediate decision.

It is something I have been grappling with for months - something that the Lord has been preparing me for. I just didn't expect to have to make the decision NOW.

Either path I take will not be easy. There are bumps and bruises to acquire, a strengthening of heart, which always includes a test or two. But as I contemplate which road to take, both seem logical. Both (with God's divine intervention) can be tolerated. But only one requires the surrender of everything I hold most dear.

The thought of taking this way breaks my heart - but taking steps in the other direction has proven to kill it.

If your eyes land here today, please pray for me. I need God's wisdom and a boatload of strength.

Sometimes God carries us to places to prove that Jesus is all we will ever need.

His love is more than enough.

No comments: