Friday, July 24

Get Back Up

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. - Psalm 119:133

I fell down yesterday - hard. Something I thought was healed years ago snuck up on me. And like a kid riding a skateboard for the first time, I went from trying a really neat trick to landing flat on my back.

The bumps and bruises of sin covered me, and it seemed like the harder I tried to get up, the harder I fell. Again, and again.

Guilt piled itself on like a bucket of tar. "I know better, why am I here - AGAIN?"

As I kneeled before the Father today, afraid to show my face, unable to lift my eyes, I confessed the mess I found myself in. He agreed with each one of my offenses.

Then I heard something amazing in my spirit, breaking the chains of condemnation ... Your sin could never be greater than my forgiveness and love. Believe in what was accomplished on that cross. Live it, receive it, breathe it, proclaim it.

Sin no longer reigns in my life, Jesus does. It's power was broken the moment Jesus submitted to brokenness.

He saved my life.

No comments: