Monday, July 20

CBN.com Daily Devotion

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. ~ Isaiah 26:3

I stumbled upon one of my favorite verses of all times this morning. I've referred to this passage of Scripture countless times through the years. Keeping my heart and mind on Christ can be a challenge when I am facing a storm.

As I return from vacation, I am thrilled to announce my latest publication! A devotion I wrote has been published on CBN.com's website. I was overjoyed when I received an email from their Internet Producer.

The situation I wrote about was a lesson I would not soon forget. It was a terribly painful moment, carrying a deep and meaningful lesson about prayer.

I am always amazed at how God will sometimes take our pain and turn it into ministry. Nothing brings me greater joy than to know that my own experience with God has potential to heighten the awareness of somebody else's.

I invite you to visit http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/devotions/reese_lunch.aspx, and please post a comment if you get the chance.

Let's keep our eyes fixed on Him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I read your devotional for CBN. It was good! I'm excited for you, going after your dreams and being unafraid. Yes, I encourage you to be unafraid to go forward, getting on stage to led in "worship" as your knees shake and tremble beneath you, don't let any insecurity keep you back. -your friend Leilani Neumann

Joanne Reese said...

Thanks, Leilani. I often have trembling knees, but I am learning that following after the Lord requires nothing less than everything. I appreciate your note of encouragement.