Wednesday, July 8

Facedown

The Lord is near to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them. - Psalm 145:19

I woke up this morning feeling more tired than when I went to bed. This is not good. Tossing and turning through most of the night. The concerns of the day invaded my nighttime sanctuary. Wanting so much to escape into a world of make-believe and dreams, my pillow simply refused to turn into a cloud.

There is something so tormenting about unrest. I find myself moving through a very painful transition in my life, and as hard as I try, I cannot seem to get comfortable. Faced with the reality of changes in my own heart, and the sameness of everything that surrounds me, causes a whirlwind of confusion and pain. Feeling like I am on a roller-coaster, queasy and dizzy, I ask the Lord, "Please let me get off."

But His answer has been, "Be still."

Do you ever feel tired my friend? Tired of circumstances you can't change? Tired of the pain?

I chose this picture today, because it made me chuckle. This little kitty paints a lovely picture for those of us who depend on the Lord for our next breath. Go ahead, it's okay to rest. Plant your self face-down into God's food bowl--His Word.

You can believe it with all your heart . . . the rescue is coming.

There is no greater sanctuary.

No comments: