Tuesday, March 25

Tribute to Tyler

I have a beautiful friend, with a beautiful heart. Today was supposed to be the day her baby would be born. But something horrible happened, taking baby Tyler away.

We all have them - that thing in life that just doesn't make any sense. It makes functioning difficult, and poses the big question into the vastness of the universe. The question of, "Why?"

I don't know why God would allow such pain. I can't say that I understand the reason . . .

I write this morning not to share some great jewel of wisdom. I won't try and tell you that my friend hasn't been through hell, because she has. But what I will say is how proud I am of her.

Why do I admire her so much? Because she moves and breathes and trusts God - anyway. She has a smile on her face. She spends her time looking to bless others. She has not allowed the grief to swallow up what is still good.

Built to be a mother from head to toe, she is truly a hero to me. I would only hope to face tragedy with as much grace as she.

Tyler James, we remember you today. Your mom . . . she's an angel.

No comments: