Wednesday, May 13

Card Box

The worn out box holds hundreds of reminders for me. Early into my Christian walk, I began putting together a card box of Scripture verses. Each alphabetised card held a carefully written passage. With a heading at the top, it was easy for me to match my circumstances with Truth.

All these years later, as light begins breaking through the worn and embittered parts of my heart, I decide to dig this treasure up, wipe the dust off and crack her open. My core is warmed as I am reminded once again that God's Word ALONE will be able to rescue me. He will lift me above every circumstance, giving my feet a firm place to stand, filling my heart with inexpressible joy. I can't wait!

Do you have a card box my friend? A collection of safely kept promises from God to you? Maybe you have written special verses in a journal, or you've marked your Bible with highlighters and pencils. If not, I strongly encourage you wrestle with the ways that God's Word applies to your life, because the greatest news of all - is that it does.

You never know when you may need it later on in life. I had no idea that years later, this tiny little box would become a life preserver for me. Today's card ministers something amazing to my heart. May it shed light on things for you too.

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. ~ Psalm 119:105

No comments: