Sunday, February 8

Donut Crumbs

I find no time to write, no time to be alone to connect with YOU. Running on empty, filling myself with the indulgence of donuts and extra sleep.

I take a seat on the floor of my bedroom this afternoon, and find the two doves that so often usher peace into my heart. They are seated on the fence, and look as if they have been waiting for me to slow down and take notice. Companions for life, true to one another through any storm.

Time for my writing finds no home. Time with God finds no chair - only the empty one I pass about a hundred times a day. So patiently YOU wait for me to notice.

So I offer the space and the place that follows me from one chore to the next - my heart. YOU are always with me, but rarely enjoyed. My creative parts always seem to be spinning, searching for the right combination of vowels and verbs as I strive to snap a picture, to paint a portrait of YOU.

The doves are feeding now, as I should be. To open God's Word, to taste and truly see how sweet companionship can be.

1 comment:

Mamarazzi said...

wow Joanne...these words are so beautiful! you are a very impressive writer. i will be back to "fill my cup" again!