Wednesday, March 19

I'm Back

Like a step back into a comfortable pair of jeans, I begin the pursuit of blogging once more. I have taken some time away - a bit by choice and a bit not. My last posts landed sometime in January I think, with the dream of beginning a devotional on the names of God. Creating this enormous project for myself pretty much brought me to a stand still. I was paralyzed beneath the smoke screen of failure. I am an all or nothing kind of girl, and not being able to pour my whole self in . . . well, I guess that meant throwing in the towel.

This blessed morning, a very dear friend of mine gave me the kick in the rear I needed to get things going again. She encouraged me to pick myself up, dust off and keep going. She gave me a different perspective, one I hadn't thought of before. Thinking of this as a ministry - yes, that makes a lot of sense. Loving God, loving people . . . all by sharing my awareness of His presence, so strong, so sweet.

The good Lord knows I have an ocean full of jewels to share, but I don't want disclose too much all at once. I'm headed for a plop on the couch with a pan full of brownies about to come out of the oven. Life is good - so very good.

Every single breath.

2 comments:

Michele B said...

I love the new look! And what better a day for your beautiful spirit to pop back up on the blog scene than the first day of spring? Especially since Easter already promises to be a pretty full day...

Welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Joanne, for inviting me to your blog. I look forward to reading your musings. Your most recent post reminded me of your beautiful heart for God that you could not contain at retreat. All of the love and passion overflowing from that heart pours out through every word in your post. Be encouraged... Someone's reading and nodding and smiling as your fingers just can't sit still. Yes, indeed. Life is so very good.

Happy Easter.