Friday, June 29

He Will Quiet You

A dear friend who is praying for me sent me this passage today. What a blessing the family of God can be. You know who you are, and I thank you. : )

It spoke volumes of God's watchful eye . . .

The Lord your God in your midst
The mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His Love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
~ Zephaniah 3:17 ~

He will quiet me with His LOVE . . . not with solutions, answers, or by lifting the storm - but with His LOVE.

When I think of quiet I think of peace, stillness and rest. Am I trying to convince myself that there is rest while inner turmoil rips my heart to shreds? Can I truly be in the center of God's will and still have unrest?

I think back to yesterday's post about the "Y" stick and the birds. I can't remember ever seeing a bird have a nervous breakdown. Hmmmm, what could God be trying to teach us through our feathered friends?

How safely I can rest under the shade of His tree, if only I will cooperate. There is a stillness in rest. Quiet is the opposite of kicking and scratching, striving and fighting.

Whatever tears away at your heart, take it to Jesus. Sit alone at His feet today, and let Him quiet you.

No comments: