Tuesday, July 28

Straight Path

Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. - Proverbs 4:26,27

To walk in integrity bears a great price. Choosing no to, costs us so much more.

I listened to an amazing sermon yesterday. Halfway across the country, Pastor Doug's voice landed on my heart through my iPod ear buds. It was the final part of a three-part series ... one that will alter my path forever.

The center of his message had to do with following the commands of God's Word -- "to a tee." He illustrated his point through the story of Adam and Eve in the garden. God's command not to eat of the tree got all twisted up through the interjection of the enemy. How often times that happens to me.

Some of the verses he touched on talked about how no unwholesome talk is to come out of your mouth ... if we ask anything in God's name it will be given to us ... God is able to make all grace about to you ... devote yourselves to prayer ...

I felt the Holy Spirit's conviction as I realized how loosely I hold these commands. No unwholesome talk? Did God really say that? Am I really to devote myself to prayer? Did God really say not to eat that piece of fruit?

The enemy is pretty sneaky.

I come to a place in my walk where I am called to rise up and take a stand. The mistakes of others, promises broken and unforgiveness has threatened to poison the one thing that matters most.

My relationship with God.

God's Word is the only solid step we have along this broken path called life. While many opportunities clamour for our attention, the narrow one is our only promise for peace.

Yes, God really did say that He loves you. Open the Bible - it is written and illustrated through Jesus, His Son.

You can bet your life on it.

No comments: