Wednesday, October 1

Marker

As calendar pages flip and seasons change, we take note of special dates. Landmarks cause us to stop and take in the wonder of it all. Holidays, anniversaries, and birthdays are reasons to celebrate life.

I celebrate today for a couple of reasons. One reason, is that today is a very special friend's birthday. Truly a God-send, she is somebody that have found to be a catalyst to my growth. We dream, we celebrate and cry together. I could not even begin to express what her presence in my life has meant. My beautiful friend, you know who you are -- Happy Birthday, I love you!

Another reason I slap this scrumptious looking piece of cake up, is for the fact that I celebrate one year of working for New Life. It was one year ago today that I stepped into a position that I feel I was born for. I LOVE my job. I love the nature of what I do, the challenges, the people I interact with on a daily basis. The opportunities for growth, the ministry . . . all of it! God has truly answered this girl's prayer with a chance to shine His light every day.

Anniversaries are markers, proof that we have been here. Long after we have ascended into heaven, those people we influenced will continue to celebrate the beautiful things about our contribution to the world.

Who have you influenced today? Bringing somebody joy can be pretty simple. A smile, a note of encouragement, offering a favor -- extending grace.

Every day given is a gift from God. Every year marked, is proof that there is life after the pain.

Celebrate with me! Our God is so good.

No comments: