Monday, May 19

Birthday

It's my Birthday today. I used to keep quiet about such an occasion, for the sake of NEVER wanting to make anybody feel like they need to respond with gift and song. But today, I feel like celebrating! I have walked through the valley of the shadow of death (quite a few times in my life), and it is a blessing to still be kicking!

They say that a woman is not supposed to tell her age. It's fun to keep it a mystery - just one conversation with me and anybody could see that I don't ACT my age (whatever that age might be). My Grandma Dottie used to say, "You are only as old as you feel." She lived a beautiful full life, always grateful and eager to take life in. It seemed like the older she got, the more like a child her heart became.

I share this Birthday with a very special friend today, and to him, I send a wink! Only really cool people are born on May 19. It's common knowledge you know.

God has put a celebration in my step and a song in my heart. "Happy Birthday to me" will be the tune, as I worship God on this blessed day.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday my Shero!!!!!

Jason Hicks said...

Happy Birthday and Welcome Back!

Gena said...

Happy Late Birthday to you! How did I miss that? :-)