Saturday, April 12

Deep Waters

HE PULLED ME UP OUT OF DEEP WATERS . . . once again. It has been a week and a day since my surgery. The pain isn't too bothersome, but fatigue still lingers.

There is so much to see when you're forced to slow down. Life is glorious! What a wonderful reminder to stop and take notice. Lessons . . . they are all around us.

I find myself fighting the couch, despising the gravity that seems to pull me there. My personality never allows me to just sit. There is always something calling to me, some distraction needing my attention. Something to fold here, a corner to straighten there - all to the demise of a true introspection. I've gotten so used to keeping my own self at bay, that I've forgotten how to tap into that girl within.

I sense a new season beginning, carrying me to uncharted waters. Part of me stirs with excitement, while the rest grumbles underneath the comfort of sameness. God saved me from terrible torrent, not once but twice. There is a reason I am still here . . . what are God's plans for me? How will He use me to glorify Him?

For the next few weeks, as I work to strengthen muscles that have gone on vacation, I will nestle in close to the One who always knows best. This is a wonderful opportunity to regroup and reflect. "God grant me the clarity of heart and mind I need to move forward."

My God rescues me -- every second of my life. As I embark on this brand new adventure, I desire to spend the rest of my waking moments . . . declaring just how.

No comments: