Sunday, December 23

Format

No format today. With Christmas literally right around the corner, I am in the throws of baking cookies and tending to some last minute wrapping.

I've got some family staying with me tonight, helping me welcome Santa and all of those reindeer. I could very easily let the complication and pain of family drama bring me down - but not this night. There is far too much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my health and that of my family's. I am thankful that Mark and I both have great jobs, that my kids have some special surprises tucked under the tree . . . and most of all, I am thankful for Jesus - like Pastor Dave said today . . .

"He's here!"

There is a line in my favorite movie of all time called Overboard. I won't go into the details, but Goldie Hawn discovers that Kurt Russel (her real life love) has returned to rescue her. It is in this moment that she whispers, "He's here!!" Gets me every time.

I feel very much the same about the idea that Jesus is right here. My pulse quickens and my eyes twinkle. I am bouncing up and down, just waiting for His rescue.

Jesus is not only the reason for the season, He is THE REASON.

No comments: